Monday, January 23, 2012

Oat Pancakes recipe.

About two weeks ago I was craving pancakes, I just had to have some. Now, I've been on a gluten free diet for a few months, so I was curious about what I could use instead of wheat flour. I searched on the internet for a good recipe, and found one from Cooks.com. But when I went to make them, I realized I was missing some ingredients. So, like any good cook, I substituted. Here's what I did.

Ingredients:
2 cup oat flour (I used quick oats and blended them in a food processor)
2 eggs
2 cups milk (I used 14oz can of Coconut milk)
1/2 cup oil (I used Coconut oil.)
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

First mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, Then add the milk and stir in the eggs one at a time. Then stir in the oil. In a large pan place a pat of butter or oil, and fry for 1-2 minuets on each side (depending on the size) and enjoy with honey and butter.

Here's the finished result.


I challenge you to try out this recipe and tell me what you think of it. 

-Anastasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment